Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Natural Way To Repair Hair!

A couple of nights ago I was looking at hair tips and I read this article that if mix an egg, olive oil, salt, and honey together it is supposed to make your hair shiny, reduce split ends and grow faster! Once a week for stronger, healthier, and shiny hair? Of course you know I had to try it!

I already have very thick Greek hair that is extremely curly, so it has a lot of damage because I straighten it everyday. Also I like to dye it a lot and try out new colors. I thought why not try and repair my hair. I have been doing it for a couple weeks and I can't say that it has grown, but it is already a lot shinier! I am hoping that after a month it will be over all healthier looking. I mean I have to pour eggs in my hair it better work!

I read a lot into it and there were a couple of things that made me laugh. The main thing was that some people were rinsing their hair with hot water. Okay why is that funny? It made scrambled eggs in their hair! I got a good laugh thinking of all the people that didn't think of rinsing with cool water. So if you are going to try this then you have to rinse with cool water or you will be having breakfast and a shower at the same time!

The recipe that I used was also very simple:
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt  
1 teaspoon honey
1 or 2 teaspoons olive oil (I used two because I have a lot of hair)

Mix all the ingredients together until mixed well. Then start at your roots and work your way up. Twist and clip onto the top of your head. Let it rest for 30 to 60 minutes (I did 60). In the shower rinse very well in cool water then shampoo and condition! That's it once a week. Very simple and a cool little fact you will smell like a bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment